CrissColfer AU: Chris is a selective mute, and Darren has a crush on him.
They were in the same Creative Writing course at the University of Michigan. Darren had only chosen this class for extra help with his screenplay writing, and, at the beginning of the year, he hadn’t really taken it seriously.
That was, of course, until he spotted him.
His name was Chris. He was from a small town in California - Clovis, or something like that - and he liked to stay in his own little world, as opposed to participating in this one. For most of class, his head would stay bowed, as he scribbled furiously in his notebook - which changed every few classes because he wrote so much and need more space - and their professor never called on him. When he wasn’t writing, he listened to the students who would read their work before the class, giving each person his complete and undivided attention.
Darren had seen him a few times on campus, nose buried in a novel or writing in his composition book. If he wasn’t working on something, he was just sitting under a tree or walking without haste around the quad, this pleasant and serene expression on his face that Darren hadn’t seen on anyone else’s face…ever.
He had only seen the man speak to one or two people - and even that wasn’t for a long length of time. His conversations with teachers were after most of the students had left the room and were in hushed tones, on his part; Chris never seemed too comfortable talking with anyone.
Once, Darren had asked to borrow a pen from him, and Chris had just stared at him blankly for a moment, before he nodded once and reached into his bag, producing a blue pen.
That was the extent of their interactions, and it infuriated Darren.
He just wanted to talk to Chris, and talk to him about what, he didn’t even know. All of the things Darren could say sounded creepy even in his head - let alone allowing them come from his mouth. “You have beautiful eyes” and “I got your short story when we were supposed to switch with three random people, and you’re so fucking talented” and “I just really want to hear you speak - you sound like you’d have a beautiful voice” - let alone the dirty as fuck thoughts he had of the other man.
Between the first time he had seen Chris and now, Darren had formed a bit of a crush on the other man, getting all of the information he could get - from people Chris talked to or spent time with or bought things from (he liked to buy Pilot G2 pens from the store on campus, so Darren started buying Pilot G2 pens from the store on campus). He felt like a stalker, but he didn’t know how else to approach Chris without - more-than-likely - being rejected.
Today, Darren didn’t realize that he had been staring at Chris, but, one moment, he was watching him scribbling in his notebook and, the next, their eyes were meeting across the room. Chris’ face turned bright red, and he looked back at his page but did not continue to write. Darren gulped, standing from his chair and made his way over to Chris, tentatively sitting beside him. They were both silent for a moment.
"Hello," Darren finally greeted, looking around to make sure that no one was watching, so Chris would have no reason to fear speaking.
"Hi," Chris mumbled, glancing at Darren from the corner of his eye.
"Do you mind if I sit here?" Darren asked.
After a pause, Chris looked at him fully, eyes wide.
And he looked back at his page.
Darren was motionless for a moment, and then he smiled, feeling suddenly excited.
"I’ll be right back," he announced, standing up.
He quickly grabbed his pad and pen and backpack, and then he was beside Chris again, starting to write.
Both men worked silently for a while, before Chris broke the silence with a muttered announcement.
"My name’s Chris."
Smiling, Darren looking over at Chris, whose shoulders were tense, seeming to fear rejection or something.
"I’m Darren. It’s wonderful to finally meet you."
Chris’ shoulders relaxed, but he turned to look at Darren quizzically. It was Darren’s turn to blush, as he idly tapped his pen on the top of his desk.
"I…uh…I’ve just really been wanting to meet you," he confessed.
After a moment, Chris’ lips lifted in a smile, and he looked down at his page, starting to scribble away once more. Darren smiled too, feeling butterflies fill his stomach.
#me#crisscolfer#crisscolfer fanfiction#college!au#au crisscolfer#crisscolfer au#college!crisscolfer#alkjsdgha#sm!chris#smitten!darren
- randomness341 likes this
- autumn-tay-tay likes this
- pamecien likes this
- cammie55 likes this
- arosemonae reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- arosemonae likes this
- mylittlecorneroftheworldismine likes this
- slytheirin likes this
- theyarnelle likes this
- littlehunterlovesarchangel likes this
- imagineiwashere reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- crissingcolfer likes this
- placeformyescape likes this
- thebeautifulnerd likes this
- howjojoseestheworld likes this
- myprovinciallife likes this
- livingoffcourage likes this
- wherecreaturesroam likes this
- sfgirljan likes this
- carldarcri reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- madison0512 likes this
- dapperandcharming reblogged this from hero-in-disguise and added:
- crisscobrien likes this
- tkijyahh likes this
- sadiemaeg likes this
- stiles-derpinski reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- gleeksandwolfsanddemonsohmy likes this
- my-lonely-days-are-over likes this
- gleekcourageklainer likes this
- littlebabykiwi likes this
- somethingdarrenish likes this
- narsorwhals likes this
- midlifecrisses reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- someonetellmewhenisitmyturn reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- someonetellmewhenisitmyturn likes this
- rravenc likes this
- yayraspberrygel likes this
- yayraspberrygel reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- thricellamaaddicted reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- thricellamaaddicted likes this
- cutegleehee reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- cutegleehee likes this
- blainejuiceboxanderson likes this
- whentheskiesfall likes this
- tardisduets reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- tardisduets likes this
- stilllgoingstrong likes this