A/N: In which Darren is like Taylor Swift, except he blames himself for all of his failed relationships.
"You better not be writing a song about this,” Chris exclaims, as he bursts into the apartment, startling Darren, whose hand twitches, creating a line down his paper.
He grumbles miserably and looks up at Chris with wide, blood-shot eyes. Chris balks for a moment, and then he sighs, plopping down on the couch beside Darren, grabbing his notebook and reading the page.
I thought we were gonna be okay
But I messed up so bad, I messed up so bad
His eyes scan the rest of the page, after the first two lines, and he lets out a shaky huff, reaching his free hand up to tear the paper from the book, crumpling it into a ball and throwing it across the room, in the direction of the trash can in the kitchen.
Darren lets out a soft gasp, and Chris just rolls his eyes, throwing the notepad to the side, as he attacks other man, body slamming him into the couch and cuddle him like a leech.
"We’re not over," he states into Darren’s cheek.
Darren lets out a soft whimper, apprehensively wrapping his arms around Chris’ adjacent body.
"It feels like it," he croaks.
Chris just shakes his head, kissing Darren’s cheek, before he pulls away and stares into his lover’s eyes seriously.
"It was one fight," he murmurs. "We need to work things out. Okay? You don’t have to write songs about how you fucked up because we both fucked up - not just you. Both of us need to work on communicating better, and we need to be honest about our feelings."
Darren gulps, eyes glassy, as he nods once.
This has never happened to him before. People - men and women alike - usually had one fight with him and then dumped him, telling him that he wasn’t good enough. That he wasn’t worthy. That it was too much of a hassle to date him.
But, here Chris was, trying to work things out with him.
It was scary and exciting all at the same time.
"I love you," Chris says after a moment, worrying his teeth between his teeth.
Another first: Chris being the first to say those three words.
And, oddly, Darren didn’t feel like he needed to say them back just yet. Sure, he felt it, but…this was different.
It could wait.
Darren smiles, letting out a relieved breath.
"I’m so glad to hear you say that."
Chris smiles, understanding completely.
Their lips brush once, and they cuddle close together on the couch.
"We’re gonna be okay?" Darren asks, staring at Chris’ Adam’s apple intently.
"We’re gonna be okay."
- a-symphonysound likes this
- justalostpiece likes this
- fearlesslyforeverklaine likes this
- kurtblainexox likes this
- klaineisbrave likes this
- averydarrencrissblog likes this
- gleekcourageklainer likes this
- jackkharknss reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- stefanchrisssquared likes this
- dcrissandcolfer reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- walkalongmypath likes this
- mz-jem reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- mz-jem likes this
- sfgirljan likes this
- myprovinciallife likes this
- irishcoffeeandcream likes this
- littlehunterlovesarchangel likes this
- midlifecrisses reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- neverknewihadahearttillmyships likes this
- rravenc likes this
- jesuschristgrace likes this
- froggydarren likes this
- colourthecracks likes this
- blainersandkurt likes this
- still-breathing likes this
- holymusicalnightbird likes this
- kurtbr0bain likes this
- loganhasseenthelight likes this
- klainemaycome likes this
- i-watch-all-the-shows likes this
- allyalien likes this
- hero-in-disguise posted this