a drabble based off of a song- Watching You Watch Him by Eric Hutchinson:
Darren decides that he wants to be with Chris, but he’s already with someone.
Maybe it was Darren’s fault.
Maybe it was Chris’.
On one hand, Darren had waited too long. He’d sat on the proverbial fence, putting his decision on the back burner, and, when he finally decided what he wanted, what he wanted was no more.
He had chosen Chris.
Darren had realized that he wanted to give them a shot. He realized that, even if it didn’t work out, he would rather try and fail than never try at all.
But, then, Chris had started dating this guy. He was attractive and funny, and he only gave a damn about Chris because he was famous.
It was clear to Darren, and he was so frustrated because Chris couldn’t see it.
On the other hand, Chris had moved on. Finally.
He had once had feelings for Darren - he’d said so himself.
Sure, he was wasted at the time, but Darren took it as the truth.
Chris had spent so much time being alone, and he was finally happy.
Even with that shit of a man.
Darren couldn’t help the grimace that formed on his face, whenever they were together. They were all cutesy and vomit-inducing. When Chris was talking, the guy, who Darren wouldn’t even think the name of - he was the Voldemort of Darren’s world - the guy would text. He wouldn’t even pay attention.
But the look on Chris’ face stopped him every time.
He’d seen that look plenty of times.
It made his heart crawl up his throat. It made his knees weak. It made Darren want to cry.
Because the only time he’d ever seen that look on Chris’ face was when he used to look at Darren.
His eyes would get all bright, and his smile would be so wide. His cheeks would dust a light pink, and you could practically see the wheels turning in Chris’ head.
Chris wore his heart on his sleeve, though he hid it very well.
Darren sighed, watching them now.
And he knew what Chris must have felt all those times he’d been with his girlfriend or flirted with random people.
Darren swallowed, fighting the tears.
The probability of them getting together was slim.
He knew it.
Maybe, Chris had finally gotten over him.
And Darren knew that he needed to move on.
But he didn’t know if he could.
- struckbycourage likes this
- klaineworshipper reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- chisato12003 likes this
- colorztrauma likes this
- livingoffcourage likes this
- klaineisbrave likes this
- klaine-kiki likes this
- cheerioblainey likes this
- puzzlelikeajigsaw said: NO. ANDY. STAHP. I CAN’T. IT HURTS AHSJKDBJSNKDKFK
- iluvklaine likes this
- shannrai likes this
- crisscolferarehavingsex likes this
- starkidninja likes this
- embrace-is-love said: please write a less angsty sequel….
- tery-k likes this
- kadamant likes this
- igiveyoumysmile likes this
- andersonshmanderson likes this
- lowlizah said: You hurt my heart… :’(
- elizabethanddevonanderson likes this
- elizabethanddevonanderson reblogged this from youcantcatchmeandmake-me-a-man
- theklainetomyglee likes this
- youcantcatchmeandmake-me-a-man likes this
- youcantcatchmeandmake-me-a-man reblogged this from hero-in-disguise
- inu-kiky likes this
- inlove-with-fictional-characters likes this
- roblaine likes this
- andiee-warbler14 likes this
- lowlizah likes this
- goodoldmoonislikeme likes this
- hero-in-disguise posted this